Madrid, June 2 (EFE).- The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) forecasts for this Saturday that instability will continue to affect most of the country, with rainfall in the interior of the peninsula and the Balearic Islands.
Thus, the Aemet has put Aragon, Asturias, the Balearic Islands, Cantabria, Castilla y León, Castilla-La Mancha, Catalonia, Galicia, Navarra, the Basque Country, La Rioja and the Valencian Community on yellow warning (risk) due to rain and storms.
Cloudy intervals and cloudiness of diurnal evolution will be recorded, with showers and storms almost generalized in the interior of the peninsula, which can be locally strong and with hail in the interior of the northern half, the Balearic Islands and the mountains of the southeast of the peninsula.
They will be less likely and weaker in coastal areas and in the Canary Islands.
Temperatures will register little change.
There will be a predominance of wind from the east in the Mediterranean area, and from the north on the west coast of Galicia and the Canary Islands; while in the rest of the country it will be weak variable.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES
– GALICIA: morning and night coastal mists and fog banks that are not ruled out in elevated areas of the northeast. Low-type cloudy intervals at dawn and during the day of evolving cloudiness, which in the afternoon will give rise to showers and storms that may be, in inland areas, locally strong and with hail.
Temperatures unchanged or slightly increasing, except for a slight decrease in the maximum on the northwest coast. Light wind from variable direction, with a predominance of the north component in the afternoon.
– ASTURIAS: intervals of low clouds in the morning and at night with probable mists and scattered morning and night mists, and evolution during the day. Rains and showers that can be locally strong and with storms and hail in the interior. Temperatures without significant changes. Light winds of variable direction prevailing the northeast in the afternoon.
– CANTABRIA: slightly cloudy or with intervals of low clouds at dawn in Liébana and in the extreme south that can go with probable mists and scattered morning mists, and evolutionary cloudiness from noon, with afternoon showers that can be locally strong , accompanied by hail and storms in the interior and unlikely on the coast. Temperatures without significant changes. Variable light wind.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: slightly cloudy, with intervals of low clouds in the early and late hours, and evolution during the day, with rains and showers that in the afternoon in the interior can be locally strong and accompanied by hail and storms. Likely scattered morning mists inland.
Temperatures unchanged, except for a slight decrease in the minimum in the northeast. Light winds of variable direction, prevailing from the north during the central hours.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: intervals of medium and high cloudiness, with low cloudiness and some morning fog banks. In the afternoon abundant cloudiness of evolution will grow, tending to clear at the end of the day. Afternoon showers, accompanied by thunderstorms and occasional hail, likely to begin in montane areas and tend to move westward.
Temperatures will experience little change. Light variable winds. Associated with stormy phenomena, strong gusts may be recorded.
– NAVARRE: slightly cloudy, with intervals of evolving clouds during the day, with rain and showers, less intense in La Ribera, which in the rest of the afternoon can be locally strong, with hail and accompanied by storms. Little changed temperatures. Light wind from variable direction.
– LA RIOJA: slightly cloudy, although abundant cloudiness will grow in the afternoon, tending to clear at the end of the day. Probable afternoon showers with storms, locally strong and occasionally with hail, mainly in Iberia.
Temperatures will experience little change. Loose variable wind. Associated with stormy phenomena, strong gusts may be recorded.
– ARAGÓN: cloudy intervals, with daytime cloudiness, and locally strong showers and storms in the northern third and in Iberia in the afternoon, with a probability that they will affect the rest of the areas in a more dispersed way.
Unchanged temperatures. Light variable wind, prevailing the light southeast during the central hours, with moderate intervals in the Ebro valley.
– CATALONIA: morning mists and fog banks. Predominance of slightly cloudy, with daytime cloudiness and inland showers, locally strong and stormy, more likely in the Pyrenees and central depression.
Unchanged temperatures. Light variable wind, prevailing from the south and southeast during the central hours, with some moderate intervals in the extreme northeast.
– EXTREMADURA: little cloudy, with some high cloudiness that will give way to abundant cloudiness of evening evolution. Thunderstorms and showers likely in the afternoon, with occasional hail. Temperatures will experience little change. Loose variable wind. Associated with stormy phenomena, strong gusts may be recorded.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: cloudy intervals, with abundant cloudiness of evolution in the central hours of the day. Showers and storms, which will begin in the mountains and will spread to the rest of the community in the afternoon, more likely, frequent and intense in the mountains and in the extreme southeast.
Temperatures with slight changes, prevailing the increases in the maximum. Variable light winds, with more intense gusts associated with storms.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: cloudy intervals, with abundant cloudiness of evolution in the central hours of the day. Probable mists and some morning fog bank in the eastern half. Showers and storms, which will begin in the morning in the mountain areas and will spread to the rest of the community in the afternoon. They will be more likely and intense in mountain areas and may be accompanied by occasional hail in the eastern half.
Temperatures with slight changes, prevailing the increases of the maximum. Variable light winds, with a predominance of the eastern component at the beginning and end of the day and with more intense gusts associated with storms.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: morning mists and fog banks. Intervals cloudy, with occasional stormy showers along the southern half of the coastline in the morning, likely to be locally strong. In the interior, cloudiness of diurnal evolution with showers and storms, locally strong in the interior of Castellón and not ruled out in the rest of the interior.
Temperatures without significant changes. Loose variable wind, tending at noon to east and southeast with moderate intervals on the coast.
– REGION OF MURCIA: cloudy, with showers, which can occasionally be accompanied by storms, locally strong in the afternoon in the interior, more likely in the mountains, and unlikely on the coast. Unchanged temperatures. East component winds, loose in the interior.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: morning mists, with cloudy intervals, with an occasional shower or storm. In the afternoon, locally strong showers and storms that could occasionally be very strong and be accompanied by small hail, mainly in the Tramuntana mountains and inland Mallorca.
Temperatures with few changes and light wind from the east component with coastal breezes.
– ANDALUSIA: cloudy intervals, with a probability of showers on the Mediterranean coast in the first half of the day. Cloudiness of diurnal evolution, with showers occasionally accompanied by storms in the interior, more probable and intense in the Baetic mountains, where they can be locally strong.
Temperatures unchanged, except for rising maximums in the western third. East winds on the Mediterranean coast and weak variables in the rest.
– CANARY ISLANDS: cloudy intervals, with a predominance of cloudy skies in inland areas and eastern slopes during central hours, when light, occasional and scattered rain is not ruled out.
Temperatures with little change or slightly rising in the western islands. Light to moderate wind from the northwest, slightly more intense in the eastern islands.