Madrid (EFE).- The Ministry of Education wants to increase the duration of the university entrance exams by 15 minutes, because these will include less rote exercises in which the student must reflect before answering, and include the possibility of doing a third review of the grade obtained in a test.
These are some of the novelties, advanced by El País and to which EFE has had access, that appear in the draft of the royal decree that regulates the basic characteristics of the university entrance exam and establishes the calculation procedure of the access qualification.
Regarding the time that students will have to take the tests, it will go from the current 90 minutes to 105, that is, 15 more minutes, according to the draft of the new standard.
Other novelties included in the text is that if the student does not agree with the grade obtained for an exercise, they may request, as up to now, a second review and, if the difference between the two grades is equal to or greater than two points, the qualifying court will have to make a third review.
“Homogenize” the tests in all communities
With the future of access to the university, the Ministry of Education intends to “homogenize” the general structure of the test in all the communities, as well as the exercises and the evaluation criteria of the different subjects to ensure that the “equalization” of the test between the different territories.
The new test, which will repeal the norm approved by the PP, will be more competency-based and less memorizing, since its objective is to assess the student’s ability to develop their knowledge to solve a problem.
Specifically, it will assess “objectively, together with the Baccalaureate, the academic maturity and knowledge acquired in the stage, as well as the ability to successfully continue university studies,” according to the draft.
The tests will deal with the common subjects and the compulsory specific subject of each of the modalities, taken or validated in the second year of Baccalaureate. In regions with a co-official language, students must do another exercise in that language to check their knowledge.
To calculate the university entrance mark, 60% of the average obtained in Baccalaureate will be taken into account and the remaining 40% will correspond to the qualification of the university entrance exams.