Madrid (EFE).- The number of people affected by salmonellosis after eating potato omelette in the Casa Dani restaurant in Madrid amounts to 101, thirteen of whom have required hospital admission and one of whom went to the ICU, although he is already in plant with good evolution, as reported by the Madrid Ministry of Health this Friday.
This bar located in the Salamanca neighborhood, with more than three decades in Madrid and known for its potato omelette, closed all its premises last weekend after the infections that occurred in the establishment on January 25 and 26.
The General Directorate of Public Health of the Community of Madrid continues to monitor the cases of the bar outbreak, caused by salmonella, according to the results of the tests carried out.
Regarding the measures that must be taken for the reopening, the Ministry is awaiting the results of the action carried out by the Department of Food Safety of the Madrid City Council.
The bar ensures that it complied with the regulations
They also recall that the current regulations on the treatment of eggs and their sanctioning regime are included in Royal Decree 1021/22 of December 21.
The restaurant assures, for its part, that since its opening and throughout 32 years “the control guidelines and requirements set by the Ministry of Health have always been scrupulously followed. The daily and weekly controls required by the authorities of all our products have been carried out.
The company insists that, from the moment the possible infections were confirmed, the health authorities were informed “immediately” to disinfect all the facilities and, “by their own decision and not by order of any authority”, the decision was made to close all the premises.
The entry The outbreak of salmonella in a bar in Madrid leaves 101 affected and 13 admitted was first published in EFE Noticias.