Madrid, May 24 (EFE) State Meteorological Agency (Aemet).
DANA will put the Valencian Community on orange notice and Aragon, the Balearic Islands, Castilla-La Mancha, and Catalonia on yellow.
During the first half of the day, the showers and storms may be strong or persistent in the surroundings of Cabo de la Nao and in the south of the Valencian Community, they could also affect areas in the north of the Region of Murcia and the Pitiusas.
In the second half of the day, the showers will be more likely in mountainous areas and will intensify in northern areas of Aragon and Catalonia, and may be locally strong and with storms, but occasional rains and showers are also expected in the extreme north of the peninsula.
In the Canary Islands, cloudy skies will predominate, with the possibility of some isolated showers in the interior of islands of greater relief and winds from the north, weak and breezes.
Daytime temperatures will tend to rise, mainly in the southern half of the peninsula, and to declines in the northern third, and with few changes in the archipelagos, while the minimums will have few changes throughout the country.
The wind will blow from the northeast and north in the northern half of the Peninsula and the Balearic Islands, with strong intervals on the Galician coast. In the southern half, the eastern component or variable light winds will predominate.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES
– GALICIA: in the northern third there will be cloudy skies, with scattered mists and mists in high areas, which will be less likely during the central hours, and with light rains on the Cantabrian coast that cannot be ruled out being accompanied by some isolated showers.
In the rest of the territory, slightly cloudy skies, although with intervals of evolutionary cloudiness during the afternoon that cannot be excluded, they are accompanied by some isolated showers in the southern third. Minimum temperatures with few changes or a slight rise, which will be locally somewhat more accentuated in the interior of Pontevedra and in the south and east of Ourense.
The maximum in slight ascent in the northern half and with few changes in the rest. Winds from the northeast, weak in the southern half and more intense and gusty in the rest, with strong intervals on the coasts between Fisterra and Ortegal. Probable very strong gusts in exposed points of the northwest coast.
– ASTURIAS: scattered mists and mists that during the central hours will be unlikely on the coast and in the western interior. Overcast skies in the interior and cloudy on the coasts, with light rains and scattered showers that will be less abundant and frequent on the western coast, where they will subside at the end of the afternoon from west to east.
Temperatures without significant changes. Northeast winds that will be weak in the interior, somewhat more intense on the coasts and that will show a gusty character throughout the western third.
– CANTABRIA: scattered mists and mists that will be unlikely on the coast. Overcast skies in the interior and cloudy on the coasts, with light rains and showers, which will be locally more intense on the coast and western interior. They will tend to subside at the end of the afternoon on the coast, while they will remain in the mountain areas until the end.
Temperatures without significant changes. Light winds with a predominance of the northern component that in the southern regions will be more intense and gusty.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: scattered mists and mists that during the day will be restricted to mountain areas. Cloudy or overcast skies, with light rain and scattered showers, which may be occasionally stormy and somewhat more intense in the north. Rainfall will be less frequent on the coast and will subside from midday throughout the territory except in the elevated areas of the interior.
Temperatures without significant changes. North component winds, generally weak, although at dawn they will be more intense on the coasts and also and gusty in La Llanada during the central hours of the day.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: in the northeast, mountainous north and Central system, cloudy or covered at first without ruling out some weak precipitation, and some fog banks in the mountains. In the rest, there is a predominance of slightly cloudy skies. During the afternoon the evolution cloudiness will increase, with showers that can be more frequent and intense in the south and occasionally with storms.
Temperatures with slight changes and northeast wind with some strong gusts.
– NAVARRE: scattered mists and mists in the northern mountain and mountain areas. Cloudy or overcast skies in the northern half, which will produce light rain and scattered showers that in the Pyrenees are not excluded from being occasionally stormy. In the rest of the community, skies with intervals of clouds of evolution that in the afternoon can give rise to scattered showers in the south.
Temperatures without significant changes. Winds from the north and northwest, generally light, although more intense and gusty during the central hours of the day. Closing in the Ebro.
– LA RIOJA: fog banks in the mountains. Cloudy or overcast, with some light precipitation at first, and light showers, which can be accompanied by a storm, in the afternoon, more likely in Iberia. Unchanged temperatures and winds from the north and northwest.
– ARAGÓN: cloudy intervals, with cloudiness of diurnal evolution, which from midday will leave locally strong showers, with storms and possible hail. Minimum temperatures unchanged and maximum temperatures rising. Light variable wind, prevailing from the northwest in the Ebro valley at the beginning and end of the day, and the eastern component in the eastern half in the afternoon.
– CATALONIA: cloudy intervals, with cloudiness of diurnal evolution that will discharge from noon, locally strong showers, with storms and possible hail, less likely towards the coast. Unchanged temperatures. Light variable wind, with a light to moderate north in the Ampurdán in the morning, and the east and southeast prevailing in general in the central hours.
– EXTREMADURA: fog banks in the southern mountains, with cloudy intervals and evolutionary cloudiness, and scattered showers that can go with a storm, being more likely in northern mountain areas. Minimum temperatures without changes, and maximum temperatures without changes in the north and rising in the south. East winds, decreasing to light.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: cloudy intervals, with cloudiness of diurnal evolution decreasing to slightly cloudy. Showers that could occasionally be accompanied by storms, more frequent in the mountains and with a probability that they are strong locally. Little changed temperatures. Light wind from the east and northeast, with more intense intervals in stormy areas.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: probable morning mists and mists in the eastern mountains. Cloudy intervals increasing to cloudy or covered, with cloudiness of diurnal evolution, and decreasing to slightly cloudy in the southwest. Showers occasionally accompanied by less frequent storms in the southwest, without ruling out that they are locally strong in the southeast and east of the community.
Minimum temperatures without changes or in slight decrease; rising maximums in the southern half and with few changes or slightly rising in the rest. Light wind from the east component, with more intense intervals in stormy areas.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: in the southern half, covered with very strong and persistent showers with storms and hail, subsiding in the afternoon with the opening of clearings; in the northern half, cloudy intervals and cloudiness of daytime evolution, with showers and storms, especially in the interior in the afternoon, without ruling out that they are locally strong.
Minimum temperatures unchanged and maximum temperatures rising. Loose east and northeast wind, with moderate intervals on the coast.
– REGION OF MURCIA: cloudy or overcast skies, with showers occasionally accompanied by storms and hail that can be locally strong and persistent, opening clear at nightfall. Minimum temperatures unchanged; rising highs. Variable winds, with a predominance of the eastern component.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: cloudy or overcast sky, with rainfall accompanied by mud and occasionally storms, unlikely in Menorca and without ruling out some locally strong showers in the Pitiusas and in the afternoon in the south of Mallorca, tending to cloudy intervals in the afternoon or night . Nighttime temperatures in slight decrease and daytime temperatures without changes or in slight rise. Light northeast wind.
– ANDALUSIA: cloudy or overcast skies, with showers occasionally accompanied by storms and hail, more probable and intense during the afternoon and in the Baetic mountains, where they can be locally strong, opening up clear at dusk. Minimum temperatures with little change; rising maxima, notable in the eastern interior. Variable winds, generally light.
– CANARY ISLANDS: cloudy intervals tending to cloudy from noon. Low probability of light, scattered and occasional rains, more likely in inland areas of the mountainous islands. Little changed temperatures. Light north wind, slightly more intense during the central hours. Coastal breezes.