Tehran (EFE).- Hundreds of students were hospitalized this Wednesday after being poisoned in 13 schools in Iran, in the midst of a wave of poisonings in female educational centers in the Persian country.
The female students were hospitalized after suffering eye irritation, dizziness and headaches at eight colleges and institutes in the city of Ardebil, three schools in Tehran, one in Parand and another in Kermanshah, the reform-minded Shargh daily reported.
These new cases are added to the at least 30 gas poisonings registered in female educational centers since November in the Persian country.
Authorities have announced that most of the girls hospitalized today have been released.
“The students smelled a gas similar to other schools that have suffered from poisoning,” the president of the Ardebil University of Medical Sciences, Ali Mohammadian Erdi, told Shargh.
As in previous cases, they claimed to have perceived a smell between a mixture of rotten orange and cleaning products.
In Tehran today there have been three cases of poisoning in girls’ schools in which the students have suffered symptoms similar to previous cases, which have led to hospitalizations.
The discontent among parents does not stop increasing due to the apparent ineffectiveness of the authorities, who fail to stop these attacks that seem destined to paralyze the education of the students.
Thus, several dozen parents today shouted “death to the government that murders children” in front of the Yarjani school in Tehran, which experienced a poisoning incident, according to videos shared on networks by the 1500tasvir collective.
At the gates of other schools in Tehran, concerned parents argued with school staff, according to 1500tasvir videos.
Meanwhile, the security forces continue to find no clues and doubt whether they are deliberate attacks or mere accidents.
“Great efforts are being made to identify the origin of the student poisonings,” the Persian country’s police chief, Ahmad Reza Radan, told Iranian media.
“No one has been arrested so far and we prefer not to judge if it is a deliberate matter,” he added.
The position of the police chief clashes with that of other senior officials in the country, such as the Vice Minister of Education, Younes Panahi, who stated that these are “intentional attacks” to close girls’ schools.
The first case of poisoning was registered at the end of November in the holy city of Qom, a town that has suffered the highest number of cases, and in recent weeks they have multiplied in several cities in the country.
The wave of poisonings in girls’ schools occurs at a time of great tension in Iran, which has been shaken in recent months by protests over the death of the young Mahsa Amini, after being arrested for not wearing the Islamic veil properly. .
These protests have had a strong feminist component, with many Iranians removing their headscarves, and even burning them.
The protests, however, have lost strength significantly after the executions of four protesters and in recent weeks there have been hardly any mobilizations on the streets of Iran.