Logroño, (EFE).- Voluntary interruptions of pregnancy are already carried out “with absolute normality” in the Riojano Health System (SERIS) under the future objective that “more or less, 80 percent of the interventions are carried out with own personnel and the remaining 20% with outside professionals”.
This was stated on Tuesday by the Minister of Health, María Somalo, in response to questions from journalists during an informative meeting, in which she indicated that in this region “the corresponding procedures” are carried out to access the voluntary interruption of pregnancy or abortion.
He specified that “procedures are being centralized through the Sexual and Reproductive Health Care Center, located in Logroño, and referral channels have been established through Primary Care doctors.”
On the other hand, he has referred to “the lack of commitment of the patients” with the medical appointments of Specialized Care.
In this sense, it has asked citizens to be responsible so that, “if they cannot use a public resource when it has been made available to them, think that there is another citizen who has probably been waiting for some time and can use that query”. EFE