Barcelona (EFE).- Joan Laporta, president of FC Barcelona, assured this Tuesday that “shortly” he will give “all the necessary explanations” regarding the Negreira case, in a press conference in which he will offer details about the external investigation that It has been going on for a few days.
The leader, in an institutional message without questions after a public act, commented that he will soon explain what the club has in this regard “in all these years.”
Laporta clarified that in his first term (2003-2010) “these services”, from the company of the former referee and then vice president of the Technical Committee of Referees José María Enríquez Negreira, were carried out “with the invoice and the corresponding documentary and video support” and that the bills were paid “for services rendered.”
He also complained about the leaks of data and documents that have been taking place since the case came to light and took the opportunity to respond to the president of LaLiga, Javier Tebas, who yesterday Monday called for Laporta’s resignation, if he did not give convincing explanations of the matter. : “I will not give him the pleasure, because Barcelona is one of his partners,” he said.
“It is not surprising. They had already warned us that Tebas was behind a reputational campaign against FC Barcelona and against me,” Laporta said in an institutional statement made in the south goal of the Spotify Camp Nou before the media.
“Thebes continues with his obsession with Barça and his phobia with our club”, sentenced the Barca president. And he recalled: “In 2005, as vice president of Alavés, he filed a complaint so that Messi would not play for Barça.” Now Laporta says that Tebas “does not forgive that FC Barcelona has not signed the agreement with CVC” or that it is “in the Super League”.
On the other hand, he warned that “anyone who tries to damage the image of FC Barcelona and diminish its history will have a forceful response from the entity”.
In this sense, he regretted “deeply that there are constant leaks of a case that is in an investigation phase by the prosecution and that we understand that it should have maximum custody.”
The LaLiga clubs reject and repudiate the facts of the Negreira case
LaLiga and its Delegate Commission rejected and repudiated the facts known about “the Negreira/FC Barcelona case”, while announcing that “they are actively working to clarify any irregularities that may have occurred around” it, “whether sporting in nature or of any other nature”.
The LaLiga Executive Committee, made up of Atlético de Madrid, Levante, Sevilla, Betis, Real Sociedad, Cádiz, Getafe, Villarreal, Tenerife, Alavés, Eibar, Las Palmas, Lugo and Huesca, held a meeting this Tuesday in which the organization explained to its members the different actions it has carried out after learning about the investigation that the Barcelona Prosecutor’s Office has initiated in relation to payments that the company of the former vice president of the Technical Committee of Referees, José María Enríquez Negreira, received from the Barcelona Football Club between 2016 and 2018 for 1.4 million euros.
As reported by LaLiga, his actions include “a letter to the Prosecutor’s Office; communications with the data and information that LaLiga considers pertinent to different Spanish and European organizations and more actions that at this time LaLiga considers that it should not make public so as not to harm the investigation ”.
“Yesterday, during the Division Meeting, most of the LaLiga clubs expressed their deep concern about this case, which they consider to be of the utmost seriousness, for which reason the proposal for a joint communication received the unanimous support of all the LaLiga SmartBank clubs and all the LaLiga Santander clubs with the exception of two, who objected to this joint statement for different reasons,” the organization said without specifying their names.
The body chaired by Javier Tebas insisted that the clubs and their Delegate Commission “reject and repudiate the facts, and are deeply concerned and actively working to clarify any irregularities that may have occurred around the Negreira case, whether of a sports or any other kind”.
He also maintained that “it is following this matter very closely and will act firmly within the powers and limits allowed by the Law.”
“The Delegate Commission firmly supports the actions of LaLiga in response to the work demonstrated and carried out over these years to preserve the integrity of the competition,” he added.