Vitoria, Feb 15 (EFE).- Euskadi hopes to have by May the first payment of the more than 400 million that Euskadi could receive from the State in two years for the new temporary rates to energy companies and banks.
This Wednesday the Basque Finance Council (CVF) met, a body that brings together the Basque Government, Provincial Councils and Eudel.
Euskadi, record collection
It has certified the collection record of 2022, when 17,130.7 million euros were entered, 7.3% than in 2021, and to talk about the aforementioned temporary rates.
The Minister of Economy and Finance, Pedro Azpiazu, explained that the money that finally arrives -the total amount and the figure that will arrive in May is unknown- will be distributed between the Basque Government and the Provincial Councils.
It will be according to its vertical and horizontal coefficients, that is, how resources are usually distributed in the Basque Country.
In this way the Government will keep 70 percent, and the remaining 30 percent for the Provincial Councils.
Of this money, Álava would receive 16%, Gipuzkoa 33.06% and Bizkaia 50.94% of what corresponds to the Provincial Councils.
More resources with bank and energy rates
When the measures to be financed with these resources are decided – designed to alleviate the consequences of the war in Ukraine – an extraordinary Basque Finance Council will be convened, the counselor specified.
The deputy general of Bizkaia, Unai Rementeria, has pointed out that these resources could not be used for new actions, but rather to pay for initiatives already deployed in the Basque Country to alleviate the consequences of the complicated economic situation such as deflation or tax discounts.
In the meeting, the collection of 2022 has also been certified.
The regional estates entered 17,130.7 million. Álava collected 2,729.2 million, 9.7%; Bizkaia 8,803.5, 8.2% more, and Gipuzkoa 5,598.1 million, 4.8% more.
For this year, the forecast -set at the previous CVF meeting in October- is that 18,072.9 million will be collected: 2,838.2 in Álava, 9,295.9 in Bizkaia and 5,938.6 in Gipuzkoa.
The counselor has also reported that the amount of Quota paid in 2022 amounted to 932.3 million and that once the tax collection and payments to the State have been completed, the final amount of the liquidation of the regional contributions to the Basque Government amounts to 11,598.8 million (594.9 million more than initially budgeted).
As for the general adjustment fund, which is activated when a territory does not reach 99% of what it must contribute, it will have 98.3 million in 2022, of which 12.3 will be for Álava and 85.9 for Gipuzkoa. EFE