Madrid, Feb 7 (EFE) The Balearic Islands, Andalusia and the Strait area, according to the State Meteorological Agency (Aemet).
Snowfall will be recorded in mountainous areas of the eastern peninsula, with snow levels of around 600/800 meters in the northeast of the peninsula, 800/1,200 meters in the center and the Balearic Islands, and 1,100 and 1,500 meters in the south.
In the rest of the Peninsula there will be cloudy intervals, with the possibility of some weaker showers, except for little cloudiness in the north of Galicia and the Cantabrian Sea.
In the Canary Islands there will be cloudy intervals and probable occasional showers on the higher relief islands, without ruling them out on the easternmost islands.
Temperatures will generally register a rise on the Peninsula, except in areas of the Valencian Community, south of the Iberian system and east of the South plateau, where daytime temperatures will drop.
There will be frosts in the northern half of the peninsula and in the southeastern mountains, which will be more intense in the mountains, becoming strong in the Pyrenees.
Predominance of easterly winds in the Peninsula and the Balearic Islands, with strong intervals in the northern half of the Mediterranean coast, the Balearic Islands and the northern coast of Galicia. In the Canary Islands, weak, with a predominance of the northern component.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES
– GALICIA: Cloudy intervals tending to slightly cloudy, without ruling out weak and scattered precipitation at dawn. The snow level will be around 500-700 meters at first rising to 800-1000 meters. Rising temperatures, generally light. Weak frosts in the interior, less likely in its western half. Wind from the east, weak in general in the interior, and more intense on the coast, with strong intervals between Finisterre and Ortegal in the early hours.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy intervals decreasing to slightly cloudy or clear, without ruling out some weak and scattered precipitation in the Cordillera at dawn. Rising temperatures, except for the minimums in the northern third, where no changes are expected. Weak frosts in the interior, more intense in the Cordillera. Variable light wind in the interior, and more intense from the east on the coast.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy intervals decreasing to slightly cloudy or clear. Rising temperatures, light that of the minimum. Weak frosts in the interior, more intense in the Cordillera. East wind, light in the interior, and somewhat more intense on the coast.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy intervals decreasing to slightly cloudy or clear, with mists and morning fog banks. Rising temperatures, light that of the minimum. Faint frost on the inside. Light east component wind.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: cloudy skies, without ruling out scattered weak precipitations in the south and extreme east, more likely at the beginning. The snow level will be around 800 to 1,200 meters. Starting in the afternoon, the skies will tend to be slightly cloudy except in the northwest and east. Minimum temperatures rising and maximum temperatures falling in mountain areas and unchanged or slightly falling in the rest. Widespread weak frosts, more intense in the mountainous northwest. East and northeast winds.
– NAVARRE: cloudy intervals, without ruling out weak and scattered precipitation. The snow level will be around 600-800 meters. Rising temperatures. Frosts in the northern half, more intense in the Pyrenees. Variable loose wind tending to south and southeast.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy skies, with likely weak rainfall, more likely in eastern Iberia and at dawn. The snow level will be between 800 to 1,200 meters. Minimum temperatures in ascent and maximum in descent. Widespread weak frosts, unlikely in the lower part of the Valley. East and southeast winds.
– ARAGÓN: predominance of cloudy skies in general, and cloudy intervals in the morning in the northern third. In the southern half, rainfall is expected, which will subside during the first half of the day and will be more abundant in the eastern half of Teruel, where it may be in the form of showers accompanied by storms and locally persistent; in the rest they are probable in a weak and dispersed way, especially from the afternoon in the Pyrenees. The snow level will rise from 600-800 meters to about 1,000 meters, with significant accumulations in the eastern mountains of Teruel. Rising temperatures, except for the maximum in the southern third where they will not vary. Frosts in the northern third and the Iberian system; they may be locally strong in the Pyrenees. Light east component wind, with moderate intervals in the morning.
– CATALONIA: predominance of cloudy skies in general, and cloudy intervals in the morning in the northwest quadrant. Rainfall in the southern third and, in a dispersed manner, in the rest of the eastern half; in the rest they are probable in a weak and dispersed form, especially from the afternoon in the Pyrenees and interior northeast; In Tarragona in the early hours they may be in the form of showers accompanied by a storm and locally strong or persistent in the south. The snow level will be between 800-1,000 meters in the south, accumulating significant thicknesses around the Els Ports massif, and 600-800 meters in the rest. Minimum temperatures with few changes and rising maximums. Frosts in the interior of the northern half, and may be locally strong in the Pyrenees. East and northeast wind; on the coast it will blow moderately, with strong intervals and very strong gusts in the southern half in the early hours, and in the interior it will be weak to moderate, subsiding in the afternoon.
– EXTREMADURA: cloudy or covered sky with light precipitation, more frequent in the south, tending to little cloudiness in the northern third from the afternoon. The snow level will be between 1,000 and 1,200 meters, tending to rise above 1,400 meters. Minimum temperatures in ascent and maximum in descent. Scattered weak frosts in mountainous areas. East to southeast winds.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: slightly cloudy skies in the early hours that increase to cloudy at dawn, except in the Sierra, where the sky will remain cloudy all day and associated with probable mists and isolated fogs in high areas, both at the beginning and at the end of the day, and where weak and scattered precipitations are also expected. With less probability and from noon, said precipitations will extend to the rest of the territory, although without reaching the southeast. The snow level will rise from 1,000 to 1,400 meters. Generally rising temperatures, which will be less pronounced in the Sierra. Scattered weak frosts in the southeast and also in the Sierra. Light northeasterly winds with some stronger intervals in the morning and midday in the midlands.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: cloudy skies, with clear openings in the western half and that in the mountainous areas of the eastern half as well as in the southeast will be associated with probable mists and scattered fogs at the beginning and end. Scattered weak precipitation in the Central and Iberian systems, which will become less likely throughout the morning, subsiding in the afternoon except in La Alcarria, and which will spread to the southeast. The snow level will rise, between 800 and 900 meters up to between 1,300 and 1,400 meters. Minimum temperatures with slight changes, ascents in the northern half, locally more pronounced, and decreases in the rest; maximum temperatures in general on a slight rise, which will be more pronounced in the southwest, although in eastern La Mancha and southern Iberia there will be slight drops. Weak frosts in the eastern half, more scattered in La Mancha. Light wind from the east, more intense during the day in La Mancha and the Tagus and Guadiana valleys.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: cloudy or overcast sky, with widespread rainfall, which will be more frequent and abundant in the first half of the day in the northern half and in the afternoon in the southern half; They may be in the form of showers accompanied by a storm and locally strong or persistent, especially in the northern third and around Cape La Nao. The snow level will rise from 800-900 meters to 1,000-1,200 meters during the morning, with significant accumulations of thickness in the interior of the northern third. Minimum temperatures without changes or in slight ascent; rising maximums in the southern half, and unchanged or slightly decreasing in the north. Weak frosts in interior areas of the northern half. Moderate northeast and east wind, with strong intervals and very strong gusts on the Castellón coast in the first half of the day.
– REGION OF MURCIA: cloudy or covered skies, without ruling out occasional showers, more likely and intense from noon. The snow level around 1,200-1,400 meters. Temperatures unchanged or rising, with weak frosts in high areas. North component winds, turning northeast, more intense on the coast.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: covered cloudy sky with precipitation, which can be locally strong or very strong, persistent and accompanied by storms and small hail; and in Mallorca and Menorca subsiding and opening abundant clearings from noon. The snow level will be around 1,100 meters down during the day to 800 meters. Nighttime temperatures slightly rising and daytime with little change. East wind with strong intervals.
– ANDALUSIA: cloudy skies or covered with showers, locally strong and stormy in the southwestern half, which may be very strong and persistent in the area of the Strait and the Malaga coast. Rainfall is unlikely in the eastern third. The snow level will be around 1,000-1,200 meters during the early morning, then rising to 1,200-1,500 meters. Minimum temperatures unchanged, with frosts in the eastern interior; maximums unchanged in the southwestern half and rising in the rest. East component winds, with strong intervals on the coast.
– CANARY ISLANDS: cloudy intervals tending to cloudy or covered from midday due to evolutionary cloudiness, mainly on the slopes facing south and east of the islands with the highest relief. Probable occasional rainfall, generally weak, on the northern slopes of the islands with higher relief and inland areas of the southern and eastern slopes during the afternoon, where it could be in the form of a shower. Weak and occasional rainfall in general is not ruled out in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura. Little changed temperatures. Probable weak frosts in the central peaks of Tenerife. Light to moderate wind from the north component in the early hours, which will tend to be variable with breezes.