Madrid, Jan 20 (EFE).- The snow level this Saturday will be between 200 and 500 meters in the northeastern third of the peninsula and around 1,000 and 1,500 meters in the rest of the Peninsula, with significant accumulations in the Pyrenees, and in the Balearic Islands it will be between 400 and 700 meters, with a general drop in minimum temperatures.
As reported by the State Meteorological Agency (Aemet), weak rainfall will be recorded in Galicia and the western half of the Cantabrian area, which could extend to the rest of the Cantabrian Sea. Probability of light rains in the northern plateau, somewhat more likely, in the Central and Iberian systems and, on the coasts of eastern Andalusia.
In the Pyrenees there will be showers and occasional rainfall in the Balearic Islands and Melilla.
In the Canary Islands, the sky will be cloudy, with rains in the north of the higher relief islands, and little cloudy tending to cloudy intervals in the rest.
Probable morning fog banks in the main mountainous systems of the Peninsula.
The maximum temperatures will rise in the southern and western thirds of the peninsula and in the Canary Islands; they will descend in the rest; the minima will drop across the board, except in the Canary Islands, where there will be few changes.
Frosts will be recorded in the northeastern half of the peninsula, and in the northern plateau, as well as in mountainous areas of the rest of the Peninsula, being strong in the Pyrenees.
The wind will blow from the north component, except in the Cantabrian Sea where the east component will predominate and in the Strait and Alborán where the west will do so; generally weak in inland areas, except in the Ebro valley and eastern Iberia, and it will reach strong or very strong gusts in the Pyrenees, Ampurdán and north of the Balearic Islands. In the Canaries, trade winds with strong intervals between islands.
PREDICTION BY COMMUNITIES:
– GALICIA: cloudy or overcast skies, tending to cloudy intervals, with rains and showers, unlikely in the extreme south, which will weaken during the day until it ceases at the end. Mists and fog banks in the interior. The snow level will drop to 1,200 meters in the north and 1,400 meters in the south. Decreasing minimum temperatures, except on the northern coast where they remain unchanged; Highs with few changes. Weak frosts at high altitudes in the southeast. On the coast, wind from the north and northwest turning northeast in the afternoon; inland, light northwesterly wind turning northeast at the end of the day.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy or overcast skies, with clear openings starting at noon. Rainfall that will be more frequent and intense in the morning and in the western half and will cease in the afternoon. The snow level will drop from 1,500-1,700 meters to 800-1,000 at the end. Fog in mountain areas. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximum without changes. Frosts in high altitudes of the Cordillera. East component wind on the coast and variable loose in the interior.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy skies, with weak and scattered rainfall. The snow level at 1,000 meters in the east and 1,600 meters in the west at the beginning, descending to 600-800 meters at the end in all areas. Fog in mountain areas. Slightly dropping temperatures. Frosts in the southern half. East component wind, tending north.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy skies or with cloudy intervals and probable weak and scattered rainfall in the afternoon. The snow level around 600 meters in the east and 900 meters in the west descending to 200-400 meters at the end. Faint frost on the inside. East and southeast wind tending to north component.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: cloudy or overcast, with probable scattered weak rainfall. The snow level will drop from 1,100-1,700 meters to 600 or 900 meters. Probability of mists and mists preferably in mountain areas. Minimum temperatures decreasing and maximum temperatures unchanged or decreasing. Generalized, weak frosts in general. North and northeast winds, more intense in mountain areas to the east and southeast, and light in the rest.
– NAVARRE: cloudy intervals, with some weak and scattered precipitation in the form of snow, except in the lowest areas of the Cantabrian slope. Falling temperatures. Widespread frosts, which can be strong at high levels of the Pyrenees. North and northwest wind, more intense in the Tudela area.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy intervals, with low clouds, and probable weak scattered precipitations in the Iberian region in the second half of the day, which may be snow above 600 to 900 meters. Falling temperatures. Frosts, more intense in the Iberian and weak in the rest. Northwest winds.
– ARAGÓN: clear skies predominate, except in the Pyrenees divide where there will be cloudy intervals with a probability of light snowfall in the second half of the day. In Iberia, intervals of low clouds at the beginning and end of the day. Declining temperatures, with widespread frosts, being strong in the Pyrenees, and weak and less likely in the Ribera del Ebro. Moderate northwest wind, with very strong gusts at high levels of the Pyrenees and eastern Teruel.
– CATALONIA: slightly cloudy or clear skies, except on the northern slopes of the Pyrenees where it will tend to be cloudy with snowfall starting in the morning. Declining temperatures, with frosts throughout the interior, strong in the Pyrenees, and without ruling out weakly in coastal areas. Wind from the north and northwest, moderate with strong intervals and very strong gusts in the Ampurdán, extreme south of Tarragona and high levels of the Pyrenees, and between weak and moderate in the rest.
– EXTREMADURA: cloudy intervals, without ruling out some scattered weak precipitation in the eastern half. Chance of mists and morning mists. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease or without changes and maximum with slight changes. Winds from the northwest to the north, loose.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: cloudy intervals, without ruling out some mist or scattered fog in high areas of the Sierra at the beginning and end of the day, tending to little cloudiness in the center and south of the Community throughout the day. Possibility of some weak and scattered precipitation in the morning, more probable and frequent in the Sierra. The snow level around 1,800 meters in the Sierra de Madrugada. Falling temperatures, more pronounced in the minimums expected at the end of the day. Weak frosts in the Sierra and in high areas of the southeast. Light winds from the north component, with more intense intervals in high areas of the Sierra during the central hours of the day.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: intervals of low clouds, decreasing to slightly cloudy from east to west throughout the day. Probability of some scattered morning mist or mist in the mountainous areas of the eastern half. Some weak and scattered precipitation at dawn in La Alcarria and La Mancha is not ruled out. Falling temperatures, more pronounced in the minimums expected at the end of the day. Weak frosts, scattered in the western half and widespread in the eastern half, where they can be more intense in the peaks of the Central and Iberian systems. Light winds from the north component with more intense intervals in the eastern half during central hours.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: little cloudy or clear skies. Declining temperatures, with frost inside, weak in general. Light to moderate north and northwest wind, with strong intervals and probable very strong gusts at the end of the day in the north of Castellón; on the coasts of Valencia and Alicante it will turn to this light to moderate in the afternoon.
– REGION OF MURCIA: skies with cloudy intervals, without ruling out some weak and scattered precipitation. Morning mists or mists in the western interior. The snow level around 1,200 meters. Declining temperatures, with weak frosts at high altitudes. Northwest winds, turning to the east component on the coast and Vega del Segura in the afternoon.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: cloudy sky starting in the morning, with occasional and scattered precipitation without ruling out storms and small hail, preferably in the east of the archipelago. The snow level at 800 meters dropping at night to between 200 and 500 meters Declining temperatures, with the probability of some weak frost, preferably in the Tramuntana mountains. North component wind with strong intervals and, in Menorca, gusts that could exceed 70 km/h.
– ANDALUSIA: skies with cloudy intervals, without ruling out weak and occasional rainfall in the eastern third, tending in general to slightly cloudy skies throughout the day. The snow level around 1,400-1,600 meters. Morning mists or mists indoors. Unchanged or minimum temperatures in decline in the province of Cádiz and eastern third, with weak frosts in areas of the eastern interior. Northwest winds in the western third, Atlantic coast and western Mediterranean coast; weak variables in the rest with a predominance of the northern component, tending towards the east at the end on the Almería coast.
– CANARY ISLANDS: in the north of the islands with greater relief, cloudy skies with probable rains, generally weak and occasional, although in La Palma they could be locally moderate, especially during the second half of the day. In Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, more abundant cloudy intervals in the early and late hours of the day. In the rest of the areas, cloudy intervals that will tend to slightly cloudy skies during the afternoon. Temperatures with few changes, with some slight rise in the maximum in the easternmost islands and in La Palma. Northeast wind with strong intervals on summits and northwest and southeast slopes of the islands of greater relief with gusts of more than 60 km/h. At the end of the day, the wind will intensify, and with less probability, in the mentioned areas the gusts could occasionally be very strong.